Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Aussies - come and gone

Our Aussie friends have gone back to the heatwave in Australia. Our skiing weekend conditions weren't as good as I had hoped, but we still had fun. Saturday, with still little snow on the hill, we decided to head into Courtenay for the day to look around instead of hitting the slopes. Sat night brought a bit of snow (I'm certain thanks to Laila and I doing our snow chant at the window before bed) so we all headed out on the hill for the day. Conditions weren't great - lots of rocks, but had fun nonetheless. Sunday night it snowed almost a foot, so we had lovely powder conditions Monday morning. Was hard work snowing through all that heavy snow, and unfortunatly without much of a base, by late morning, the rocks were starting to show again. Kevin and Hal went out for a few afternoon runs while Tash and I enjoyed the sites from inside with a nice hot drink.
Then it was off to Seattle for Kevin and the aussies - Kevin for work, and the aussies for play. All were home Friday so enjoyed a final weekend together, for it all to come to an end on Sunday night when we said our goodbyes. Hope to see them again next week, if not on our ground, on theirs!

Now its countdown to Bali....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home