Easing into Relaxation
Arrived at the Tangjung Sari at about 3:30pm, got a bit settled and off to the pool we went for a much needed dip! Connor was quite excited to be in the pool, splashing around and constantly sticking his face in the water, resurfacing with big smiles! He is quite the water duck. It was back to the room then to finish unpacking, dinner and then bed for Connor. He was DONE! After he was in bed, we ordered dinner and had it delivered to our patio. Mmm, the first of many yummy Indonesian meals to come. I had bebek tutu (duck) and Kevin had Nasi Goreng (rice) with an assortment of Indonesian sides.
Kevin's coworker Cam and his wife Shari are here too (they are the ones that introduced us to this place). We ran into them shortly after we arrived and chatted a bit. They are staying in the villa right next door to us (darn them, they got the villa closer to the pool area). Our room is fabulous! A beautiful outdoor patio area, large bedroom with a couch and a huge bathroom with tons of closet storage space, and an outdoor shower and tub which we love! Unfortunately this outdoor shower area is a little dangerous and slippery for Connor so we may opt to shower him inside where the floor is textured and not smooth marble.
Our first full day in Bali was planned for relaxing and recouping a bit. Connor woke up, wide awake and raring to go at 3:00 am (Arggg) so we got up and played a bit and luckily he went back down until 6:00 am. I got up with him then, got him dressed and we walked down to the beach to let daddy sleep a bit more. Dipped our feet in the ocean, walked on the beach for a bit and then Connor got disturbed by having his feet covered in sand. That boy does not like to get dirty. So I carried him back to the pool area, hosed him off and we walked around the grounds for a bit. Time to go get daddy then and have some breakfast. Ate a yummy breakfast. I had a massage (ahhhhhh) in the room while Kevin entertained the boy, and then put Connor down for a nap while Kevin had his massage (he slept for nearly 3 hours). At lunchtime, we just ordered our meals and let Connor eat some of ours. I ordered crab ravioli which I thought would be ok for him. But after a couple bites, we both started feeling the heat (oh ya did I mention everything here is spicy), and the poor lil guy started crying and grabbing his tongue. After loads of milk, it was onto daddy's Phad Thai, the portion that daddy had not spiced up yet. He quite enjoyed it. Oh ya, and the milk they serve here is goats milk and Connor loves it. I think he polished off about 12 oz of it at breakfast. After lunch, a walk to get a few supplies (water, milk and sunglasses since we both forgot ours) and then it was pool time again. I think daddy and Connor were in the pool for over an hour (I dipped in and out). So nice that it's warm enough for him to stay in the water for a long time. No shivering or blue lips here! We then orderd dinner for Connor and got him ready for bed. We arranged for a babysitter so we could go out for dinner with Cam and Shari. We tried to go back to Ming, a restaurant that we really enjoyed last time (had the best black rice pudding, we looked it up on the blog from last time to see where it was-love the blog for that) but it had shut down so we ended up going to Charming, a restaurant run by the same people. It was really good. No black rice pudding though (sniffle sniffle). We are off to the zoo tomorrow. Hopefully Connor enjoys it!
Kevin's coworker Cam and his wife Shari are here too (they are the ones that introduced us to this place). We ran into them shortly after we arrived and chatted a bit. They are staying in the villa right next door to us (darn them, they got the villa closer to the pool area). Our room is fabulous! A beautiful outdoor patio area, large bedroom with a couch and a huge bathroom with tons of closet storage space, and an outdoor shower and tub which we love! Unfortunately this outdoor shower area is a little dangerous and slippery for Connor so we may opt to shower him inside where the floor is textured and not smooth marble.
Our first full day in Bali was planned for relaxing and recouping a bit. Connor woke up, wide awake and raring to go at 3:00 am (Arggg) so we got up and played a bit and luckily he went back down until 6:00 am. I got up with him then, got him dressed and we walked down to the beach to let daddy sleep a bit more. Dipped our feet in the ocean, walked on the beach for a bit and then Connor got disturbed by having his feet covered in sand. That boy does not like to get dirty. So I carried him back to the pool area, hosed him off and we walked around the grounds for a bit. Time to go get daddy then and have some breakfast. Ate a yummy breakfast. I had a massage (ahhhhhh) in the room while Kevin entertained the boy, and then put Connor down for a nap while Kevin had his massage (he slept for nearly 3 hours). At lunchtime, we just ordered our meals and let Connor eat some of ours. I ordered crab ravioli which I thought would be ok for him. But after a couple bites, we both started feeling the heat (oh ya did I mention everything here is spicy), and the poor lil guy started crying and grabbing his tongue. After loads of milk, it was onto daddy's Phad Thai, the portion that daddy had not spiced up yet. He quite enjoyed it. Oh ya, and the milk they serve here is goats milk and Connor loves it. I think he polished off about 12 oz of it at breakfast. After lunch, a walk to get a few supplies (water, milk and sunglasses since we both forgot ours) and then it was pool time again. I think daddy and Connor were in the pool for over an hour (I dipped in and out). So nice that it's warm enough for him to stay in the water for a long time. No shivering or blue lips here! We then orderd dinner for Connor and got him ready for bed. We arranged for a babysitter so we could go out for dinner with Cam and Shari. We tried to go back to Ming, a restaurant that we really enjoyed last time (had the best black rice pudding, we looked it up on the blog from last time to see where it was-love the blog for that) but it had shut down so we ended up going to Charming, a restaurant run by the same people. It was really good. No black rice pudding though (sniffle sniffle). We are off to the zoo tomorrow. Hopefully Connor enjoys it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home