Darling Harbour & Chinese Gardens
Yesterday I had a lazy day - just wondered around some of the shops near by. Their clothing styles are very different from North America, and of course its heading into their winter, so not much selection on cute summer wear. I don't think I'll be doing as much shopping as I hoped.
We are heading to the Hunter Valley later this afternoon for the weekend with Hal & Tash. They will be downtown at 3:30pm to pick us up, so I have most of the day to myself. I got out the map and walked down to Darling Harbour - a good walk from the hotel. I've been told about the beautiful chinese gardens so thought I would check them out. And indeed they were quite lovely. Was a nice leisure stroll through the gardens. Saw a chinese wedding going on in one of the temple areas, and sat and had tea and dim sum at the end of my tour. I then left the gardens to wonder around Darling Harbour. There were quite a few little shops to check out, and a group of chinese guys giving massages....."come try it out, 60 secs for free". Yes I am a sucker, so away I went. Well, 60 secs turned into "my, you are stiff, you need your neck and shoulders massaged - I can do for $15"...and then "for good spine, I should do your back too...I give you a deal....all for $30". I thought what the heck, Kevin told me I should go to the spa and get a massage, so I thought this would be a start. Man, did he work me over. Not quite the relaxed treatment you'd get in a spa. I thought he was going to break me. Surprisingly though, I did feel loosened up afterwards....although I think I am going to pay for it tomorrow.
Back to the hotel I walked, met Hal and Tash outside the hotel, and Kevin came shortly thereafter, and we are off to the Hunter Valley!
We are heading to the Hunter Valley later this afternoon for the weekend with Hal & Tash. They will be downtown at 3:30pm to pick us up, so I have most of the day to myself. I got out the map and walked down to Darling Harbour - a good walk from the hotel. I've been told about the beautiful chinese gardens so thought I would check them out. And indeed they were quite lovely. Was a nice leisure stroll through the gardens. Saw a chinese wedding going on in one of the temple areas, and sat and had tea and dim sum at the end of my tour. I then left the gardens to wonder around Darling Harbour. There were quite a few little shops to check out, and a group of chinese guys giving massages....."come try it out, 60 secs for free". Yes I am a sucker, so away I went. Well, 60 secs turned into "my, you are stiff, you need your neck and shoulders massaged - I can do for $15"...and then "for good spine, I should do your back too...I give you a deal....all for $30". I thought what the heck, Kevin told me I should go to the spa and get a massage, so I thought this would be a start. Man, did he work me over. Not quite the relaxed treatment you'd get in a spa. I thought he was going to break me. Surprisingly though, I did feel loosened up afterwards....although I think I am going to pay for it tomorrow.
Back to the hotel I walked, met Hal and Tash outside the hotel, and Kevin came shortly thereafter, and we are off to the Hunter Valley!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home