Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Downtown Sydney Walk-about

It's Kevin's first day of work, and my first day to wonder around on my own. Got a map from the concierge, and away I went! The goal was to head through the park to the Opera House, but me being the wonderous map reader, I walked in the opposite direction and ended up in a different park. Got myself turned around, headed to the right park and started taking some pictures of the pretty fauna, and oops, camera battery almost dead, and memory card full (too many zoo pics), so back to the hotel I went to recharge.

After a quick charge, headed back to the Royal Botanic Gardens (Yay I found it - this is the right park) down to the harbour and the Opera House. The gardens were beautiful, with a seawall path along the bay over to the Opera House. Climbed the stairs and wondered around the Opera House a bit, found a little bayside cafe, had a piece of spinach quiche, and continued my journey along the water. My feeties are starting to scream at this point, so I headed back in to the city centre and back to the hotel (with a couple of stops into a mall plaza, and a few other shops). So far, no purchases though.
Back to the hotel to blog... Kevin should be done in a few hours. I think we might do Sushi tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home