Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sydney Zoo

We went to the zoo today with Hal and Tash and their little girl Laila. But first, we stopped at their kitchen store warehouse, to have a look around. I was in kitchen accessory heaven! Have a few things put on hold - will have to go back for another look towards the end of our stay to see how much $$ I have left to spend on kitchen goodies!

The zoo was fun - it's located right on the bay, so had some beautiful views of the city and the harbour. Saw all the cool Aussie animals, including lots of koala bears, walabies and kangaroos.
After a day at the zoo, our friends drove us into the city to find our hotel....which was quite the challenge. We had the address - 1 Martin Place, but Martin Place turned out to not be a street. It's more like a square the takes up about 3 city blocks, so we drove around in circles, on one way streets for quite a while until we finally found the entrance into the hotel. I was loving it though, as it gave me a good chance to check out the downtown core and see what was near.
Checked into the hotel (the Westin - WOW) - we're on the 26th floor overlooking the city, with the most spectacular bathroom and soaker tub, with a glass wall from the tub out to the bedroom. I quickly hopped into the tub and had a nice soak!

Went downstairs for a bite to eat - Kevin had pizza and I had Sydney Bay oysters (yum), and then we crashed for the night - still feeling the jetlag a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home