Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Blue Mountains


Tash and I went on a day trip to the Blue Mountains today (red sky, blue mountains - what kind of strange land am I in?). Stopped at a beautiful lookout to see the "mountains", the valley and the 3 Sisters - the well known rock formation which has become a major attraction in Australia. Beautiful scenery (a little chilly there today with the wind) - still not convinced the mountains look blue (appear blue from the vast forest of eucalyptus). I suppose you could say that off in the distance they look blue-ish!! Well worth the drive though - really was a site to see.
After our site seeing of the valley below, we drove into the nearby town Leura and looked around in the shops a bit, grabbed some lunch...and some hot coffee for the drive home, as it was really quite cool there today (felt more like Canada than Australia). Barista in the coffee shop said that "us mountain folk are used to the cooler weather"...mountain folk??? Not the kind of mountains we are used to (or would really refer to as mountains). Hee hee, funny aussies!! OK - I guess they need to have their "mountain" ranges too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home