Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, October 01, 2010

An Afternoon in Seoul

Well, I was a brave girl and managed to make my way into Seoul today during my 14 hr layover here. I wandered down to the tour desk after resting for a few hours and taking a shower in the lounge (love the perks of flying business class) to see if I could find a bus tour, but no one would take me as a party of 1, so had to wait until someone else came along. Luckily a lady showed up by herself about 30 mins later that wanted to do the 5 hr City of Seoul tour, so I said, why not, and off the two of us went. They drove us into Seoul (about an hour from the airport) and headed downtown to a little spot for some yummy Korean food for lunch. Then headed to the Tower of Seoul, which gave us a beautiful 360 degree view of the city. Then it was off to some ancient village (really, I don't know where we went, tour guide spoke English, but was hard to understand, so I really don't know what any of the places we saw were called). The highlight of the afternoon though I think was the little boy that came up to me and said "hello, my name is Jin...high five!!" So cute. All the little kids in the ancient village (must have been school tours going on) were constantly yelling hi and waving at me. Guess they like the tall white girl!

Then it was back to the airport, for a few more hours of waiting. Kevin is already in Sydney with our friends. Have been chatting to them a few times today online. Looking forward to getting there myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home