Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Up in the Hunter

Headed up to the Hunter Valley today - Tash and I are spending the week up at their shops. Kevin, Hal and Laila came up for the night and will head back into the city tomorrow morning, as Kevin has to start work (and Laila has to go to school).
Spent the last few days just taking it easy in Sydney. Went for a wonderful Vietnamese dinner with the aussies and their friends Brandon and Paul. Was a place Brandon goes to frequently, so we let him do the ordering - great choices he made! All was very yummy!
Other friends of Hal and Tash's hosted a charity poker night (for breast cancer), so we headed over to their place last night for some poker. I practiced playing with Hal and Kevin the last few nights, so I would have some idea of how to keep up in the game. Unfortunately, I didn't do so well, and lost all my chips many times (I think I ended up buying back in about 4 times before just giving in). Kevin however won the whole tournament (18 of us playing) YAY KEVIN!!
It's been unseasonably cold in Sydney the last few days, but is warmer here in the Hunter today, so am hoping that my last week in aussie will be warm and sunny!!
Mmmm, signing off - we're doing Hunter Valley wine and cheese for dinner!! Yum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home