Road Trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa
Decided to head to Mom and Dad's for the week with Connor as Kevin is out of town this week in Chicago for work. So we hit the road Saturday morning, caught the 7 am ferry. Lil guy was great on the ferry but then cried nonstop from Cloverdale to Abbotsford (about an hour) :(
Stopped and had a feed, a walk and was ready to go again. Fussed on and off through to Hope and then started sleeping a bit. Little speed demon apparently likes it when I drive fast, because he started to cry at every corner I had to slow down for over the Hope Princeton pass. Stopped again in Princeton and from there thru to Christina Lake, he was pretty good, other than the fact that he cried every time I turned the music on, so I drove the whole way in silence (well, silent when he wasn't crying).
Had a nice visit with 'grandma and grandpa' and Uncle Bryan and the cousins. Took Connor to the elementary school one lunch hour to see the kids and he screamed and screamed (not ready for school yet)!! Too many little faces and screeching voices. Poor lil guy :(
Ride home went better than the ride there. I think he gave in to the fact that he was stuck in that carseat for the long haul. And mommy got to listen to her music for half the trip without him crying.
Stopped and had a feed, a walk and was ready to go again. Fussed on and off through to Hope and then started sleeping a bit. Little speed demon apparently likes it when I drive fast, because he started to cry at every corner I had to slow down for over the Hope Princeton pass. Stopped again in Princeton and from there thru to Christina Lake, he was pretty good, other than the fact that he cried every time I turned the music on, so I drove the whole way in silence (well, silent when he wasn't crying).
Had a nice visit with 'grandma and grandpa' and Uncle Bryan and the cousins. Took Connor to the elementary school one lunch hour to see the kids and he screamed and screamed (not ready for school yet)!! Too many little faces and screeching voices. Poor lil guy :(
Ride home went better than the ride there. I think he gave in to the fact that he was stuck in that carseat for the long haul. And mommy got to listen to her music for half the trip without him crying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home