Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Visit to our Future Homeland!

We are off to Australia tonight for 3 weeks to get to know the area where we will be living.  I've been doing lots of research online to try to get to know the area of Melbourne and figure out whereabouts we want to live.  From all my readings, it looks like Sunbury, a city about 30 mins outside of Melbourne is where I want to settle.  Its nice and close to the city, the airport, close to our friends Hal and Tash, and large enough to have all the basic amenities, without being too big (i.e. we didn't want to live right in Melbourne - too big and too busy). Hoping to tour the area lots though and make sure Sunbury is our best option!  Kevin is scared I might not like the Melbourne area and change my mind and want to go north up to Sydney, but I'm confident it will be lovely.  Since our friends moved from Sydney to the Melbourne area, I think I'd rather be near to them so at least we know someone, and have them close to show us around and teach us the ropes of living in Aussie.

Hoping to maybe look at a few houses in the area to get a sense of what is available to rent, and maybe check out some vehicles and decide what type of car we want to buy.  Lots to do, like set up bank accounts and credit cards, and look into cell phone plans.  We will see how much we can do without having a work visa yet or an actual local address.  Excited to get to know the area though!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home