Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, September 18, 2006

Aix-en-Provence

We drove into Aix today...drove....in Europe...with all those crazy roundabouts...fun. I thought I would never say this, but thank god Kevin is an aggressive driver, because I think my cautious driving would get us killed. The only way into those roundabouts is to fight your way in! It was fun touring around in our little car. Kevin did really good driving us around, with my help as navigator, although most of the time I had no idea where the hell we were...I did save us a couple of times though when he missed a sign, and got us back on track.
Aix was a neat little city. We parked downtown (after making three big loops around trying to find parking - finally decided on a parkade...after the third time around we were comfortable knowing where we were and figured we could find the parkade again), and walked most of the downtown (centre ville) core. Lots of narrow little streets with shops and restaurants. Had a nice lunch, and headed back. Spotted a cool little cookie and candy shop where there were baskets and baskets of fresh cookies, grabbed a bag and filled it up! Mmm, they are tasty!
Back to our villa. Walked into Eguilles, bought some dinner supplies, and headed back for a light dinner. Yes, found the patisserie as well....mmm, lemon tarte!
I think we are going to drive up to Arles tomorrow...our hosts say its a great place to visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home