Bonjour Paris!!
I love Paris!! Il fait chaud...it's hot here today. Went across the street from our apartment to grab breakfast from the bakery, and then went on day one of site seeing. Walked a couple of blocks to the Hotel de Ville (city hall) which was pretty spectacular. Then the excitement really came....Walked to Notre Dame (I was giddy when I saw it), which is not too far from where we live. Spent a good chunk of the afternoon there - lots to see - it's huge!! Then strolled on down to the Louvre, sat and had lunch along the Seine, walked around the parks and gardens in amongst the Louvre building down to Place de la Concorde, sat and had a drink again (phew, its hot)...Kevin had a banana split. Caught a glimpe of the Eiffel Tower and the Arch de Triumph.....and now we are hot and pooped, and ready to head back to the apartment for a bit to re-energize. First ride on the metro. Got on the train, heard an annoucement and all I understood was the word "le probleme" so we piled back off with part of the crowd and took the next one, hoping it was going the right way....yes, we lucked out...we are going the right way. Back to the apartment, attack the bottled water, and chill out for a bit. Loving day one.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home