A Glimpse of the Mediterranean
We headed to the train station today to find out what our options are for getting to Italy for Sat, and found out that this train station only deals with local info, so they gave us a number to call to get info to travel to other countries....hmm so what will we do now? Drive to Barcelona?
Well no, but we drove to Cassis, which is a little waterfront village right on the Mediterranean about 45 mins from our place.
It was a pretty drive down to the water - a windy road down to the village and water in the valley below. It was so busy in the downtown core that policemen had every downtown access blocked off, so we drove around for a bit trying to find parking. Got ourselves on this narrow steep little road that should have been one way, but when a car came at us, we quickly learned it was not (thank god for the driveway we could pull into because there was nowhere else to go). The road kept getting narrower and steeper until I think we were damn near going vertical. Finally made it to the top where we came to an intersection where I yelled to Kevin "its clear - GO", because if we would have had to stop on that hill, I think the car would have rolled over and back down the hill!
Anyway, around we went again (we're getting used to driving in circles lots), found a parking lot, and walked to the downtown core. I made a B-line for the beach, running down through the sand, throwing my sandals off and into the water I went. Just up to my knees - had to say that I've been in the Mediterranean!
Then we walked around the village area a bit, stopping to look out across the water many times. Found a little street cafe where everyone had big plates of mussels and thought that would be the "place" to go, so off we went to have a moules et frites (mussels and fries) feast! Was oh so yummy (Dad, you would have loved it)!
Back home we went (avoiding the scary steep street), had a visit with the Brits who are staying in the suite next to us, and then Kevin went for a dip in the pool.....brrr....I'll stick to the beaches.
Well no, but we drove to Cassis, which is a little waterfront village right on the Mediterranean about 45 mins from our place.
It was a pretty drive down to the water - a windy road down to the village and water in the valley below. It was so busy in the downtown core that policemen had every downtown access blocked off, so we drove around for a bit trying to find parking. Got ourselves on this narrow steep little road that should have been one way, but when a car came at us, we quickly learned it was not (thank god for the driveway we could pull into because there was nowhere else to go). The road kept getting narrower and steeper until I think we were damn near going vertical. Finally made it to the top where we came to an intersection where I yelled to Kevin "its clear - GO", because if we would have had to stop on that hill, I think the car would have rolled over and back down the hill!
Anyway, around we went again (we're getting used to driving in circles lots), found a parking lot, and walked to the downtown core. I made a B-line for the beach, running down through the sand, throwing my sandals off and into the water I went. Just up to my knees - had to say that I've been in the Mediterranean!
Then we walked around the village area a bit, stopping to look out across the water many times. Found a little street cafe where everyone had big plates of mussels and thought that would be the "place" to go, so off we went to have a moules et frites (mussels and fries) feast! Was oh so yummy (Dad, you would have loved it)!
Back home we went (avoiding the scary steep street), had a visit with the Brits who are staying in the suite next to us, and then Kevin went for a dip in the pool.....brrr....I'll stick to the beaches.

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home