Merry Christmas!
Christmas Eve this year was spent at our place with our friends Mat and Anna and their kids, enjoying a mid afternoon feast of prawns. We then prepared for the big day by putting out cookies and carrots for our expected late night visitors, and woke up to a stack of pressies under the tree! Connor was most excited this year to get a game of Monopoly that he has been enjoying playing on his iPad. Now he has the real thing!
A repeat of last year, we went over to Mat and Anna's again to enjoy their christmas tradition of Raclette, a tasty fondue style meal of meats and cheeses and potatoes done on a little grill, followed by a turkey dinner which I cooked. We went a bit lighter on the whole turkey dinner this year, trying to get into the Aussie spirit, and fact that its hot and no one really wants to eat a heavy hot meal, so I cooked a Turducken roast I got from the grocer (a stuffed chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, wrapped in bacon), along with a few cold salads, and of course pumpkin pie! Still feels weird celebrating Christmas in the middle of summer!
A repeat of last year, we went over to Mat and Anna's again to enjoy their christmas tradition of Raclette, a tasty fondue style meal of meats and cheeses and potatoes done on a little grill, followed by a turkey dinner which I cooked. We went a bit lighter on the whole turkey dinner this year, trying to get into the Aussie spirit, and fact that its hot and no one really wants to eat a heavy hot meal, so I cooked a Turducken roast I got from the grocer (a stuffed chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, wrapped in bacon), along with a few cold salads, and of course pumpkin pie! Still feels weird celebrating Christmas in the middle of summer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home