Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, September 11, 2006

more Paris

The best day ever!! Saw the two best things - the Arc de Triomphe and of course the Eiffel Tower! Took the metro to the roundabout street, came up from underground, and voila - there was the Arc de Triomphe in all its glory. We did not race across the traffic to get to it, but found the underground passage over to it, walked around for a while, saw the tomb and all the memorabilia, and walked a long winding spiral staircase up to the top, where we had a great view of the city (oh wait, the best view was to come). Then we caught the metro to the Eiffel Tower, and spent the rent of the day there. We toured all the way to the top - hit all 3 levels (no we did not walk up - took the lifts up to each of the 3 levels). Spent a good chunk of the afternoon looking over the city, wondered back down, and went for a really good dinner. I ate escargots out of the shells and got to use those cool tongy things like on Pretty Woman. Don't worry, I didn't shoot mine across the room, although there were some dicey moments where I had trouble digging those little babies out of their hiding places!
After dinner, we wondered back to the Tower again to see it all lit up, and went up to the first level again to see the city again - I wanted to see it at night!
Back on the metro home, hit the shower (phew, it was another hot one today), and here I am reporting the day's adventure. Good night - its 1:12am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home