Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

lazy day in Paris

We took the day off today from touring to do some laundry and catch up on some sleep. Kevin woke up with a head cold, so wanted to take it easy.....stupid sickness - we are definitely getting some vitamins when we get back. We have a little washer in our apartment - one which we thought was a washer/dryer combo, and in trying to figure out how to dry, ended up washing the same load 3 times (all the buttons are in french). It's a front load, and as soon as it starts, there is no turning back, or at least we couldn't figure out how to make it stop. So, in short, its only a washer, Kevin's shirts are extra clean and we have wet clothes hanging all over the apartment. Thank god we found a small bottle of Tide in the cupboard, cause looking at the store for laundry detergent was confusing. And apparently one little ounce of soap lasts for many many loads, because it just kept sudsing for both loads.....oooh wait I mean all 5 loads, since the first one got washed 3 times!
Went to a little pizza joint on the street for dinner, guy didn't speak any English and was really pissy when we didn't understand him. Apparently they get grumpy when you ask them to take left overs, because he sure did. I figured out the other night how to ask, so I did, and he said something which we didn't understand, got grumpy, shook his head and walked away. Then he ignored us and didn't bring the bill until I waved him down and said "l'addition s'il vous plait"(the bill please) and he smart assed remarked under his breath in french, "oh so you do speak french". I don't think he thought I was going to understand that.
Nothing else to report. We are heading to Versailles for the day tomorrow, so will report back. Good night all! Love reading comments from all you that are staying tuned to our travels....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home